Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 1 - Juice Fast

Day 1

Overall, I would say the first day went pretty well.  At times, I found myself wanting solid food, not because I was hungry, but because it's what I'm accustomed to.  It was more difficult when I had to cook for someone else.  However, I have felt very satisfied compared to how I normally feel.  I haven't even thought about food for the majority of the evening, and I feel better since I'm not weighted down by the useless caloric intake of less nutrient-rich food.

On the menu:

*Two green juices consisting of:  kale, collard greens, celery, spinach, romaine lettuce, cucumber, cilantro, broccoli stems, tomato, pear, apple, lemon and ginger with a splash of unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
(This was not my best green juice, so I will be modifying the recipe.  It's more about experimenting right now to see what I really like and trying new things.)

*One fresh orange blueberry juice




No comments:

Post a Comment