Sunday, April 8, 2012

Juice Fast

Tomorrow, I am starting my 10-day juice fast.  No, this is not one of those quick diet plans.  I don't believe in diets...you need to change your lifestyle and what you're taking into your body on a regular basis.  I will be juicing in order to get more nutrients by consuming more raw vegetables and fruits.  I will be juicing, at least, three times a day and focusing on "green" juices.  I will juice more often if I feel I need more sustenance and these may vary from the "green" juices, such as a simple fruit juice or a different variety of vegetables.  "Green" juice, of course, is a wide array of green vegetables, such as kale, broccoli, spinach, collard greens, cilantro, cucumber, romaine, cucumbers, etc.  A large number of these, along with an apple or pear, some lemon and ginger will be my green juice.  If you're curious about juicing, how it's beneficial, recipes or suggestions, feel free to comment or do a simple search.  A great documentary on juicing is called, "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead," which is available through Netflix online streaming.  There are several other documentaries and books that suggest juicing to get all of the vital nutrients your body craves.  I welcome any questions, comments, suggestions, or if you would like to join the fast!

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment